View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #6094 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5
I tolerate Google because I derive things I want from them.

To the end that they data mine information I feed them, it isn't clear they are evil, and I expect them to come up with schemes to monetize that information.
You find value in the things Google chooses for you. What about those dogs that aren't barking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
When scientists kept their place, just did their work and submitted their reports,basically,nothing happened to move things off dead center.Here we are 60-years later,and people want to continue to argue,as we slip closer to the brink.
Are you sure? Would we have the Lightyear One if the scientists hadn't done their work?
Quote:
The scientists grew a pair,and they're not backing down.
As to things,climate science,the climate scientists are all we have.They would have the best command of the data,as they're the ones in the trenches,on the front lines.
Perhaps the appropriate response is to recognize that we have a problem,and a narrow window of opportunity in which to act.
They haven't done so well with Dark Matter. But the scientist aren't the problem, it's the people who want to weld climate change to social change.

Corporations aren't people and money isn't speech. Everything else in consequent.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-29-2019), redpoint5 (06-26-2019)