View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 10:16 PM   #625 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 61.95 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson View Post
When I looked a little bit ago there was a 2009 auto with 131k for 2700 (seems reasonable to me, car looks to be in pretty good shape/well cared for), and a 2008 sport auto with 147k for 4350 (seems a little high, but I'm not sure what all is in the 'sport' package, and again seems to be in good shape). Interestingly both have new tires and come with a set of 4 new snow tires on rims.
Did a quick look. $1999 for a silver manual with 195k miles, and $2750 for one wituh 231k miles. Everything else is $3900 and up. A silver sport 08 with 122k miles is listed for $6500.

1st gens aren't that much less expensive than 2nd gens, and you can find a 3rd gen for less than $10k now.

Although that new 6-speed is a farce; they just added a gear between 4th and 5th on the old 5 speed transmission. It's already geared tall enough; they could've easily added, say, the 0.647 6th gear from the Civic SI that Ecky has in his 6-speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I just looked at and drove that Fit. The earlier 'purchaser' couldn't come up with the funds.

It's a little rough around the edges, and the rockers have already had grandpa-quality rust repairs below the forward edge of the rear wheel wells. Fiberglass and bondo.

But it ran decently. Tight and no rattles. Clutch felt OK. There's a stumble in the engine at low RPM at anything more than low load, which the guy says is the crank position sensor.

I said if he'd let me take it to my mechanic for a quick inspection tomorrow AM and he gives me the thumbs-up, I'll take it.
Let us know how it goes! I've always wanted to drive a Fit, but have never had the opportunity to yet. If you get it, will it be a keeper car or one you own for a while and then sell later?

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)