View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shaneajanderson
Redneck Ecomodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacCarlson View Post
I was just wondering if people would respond with their tire pressures and what their vehicles are used for and what kinds of roads they drive on and exactly why they chose that pressure.

2006 Rav4 4wd

45 psi front
45 psi rear

I drive in town, highway, dirt/gravel, and off road. 45 seems to be a good compromise for ride, mpg, and grip. It also seems to be near the start of the plateau for Crr so I'm happy with it.
I have 3:

94 F150 used for hauling and heavy towing, I keep the tires at about 50 psi (55 max sidewall, new tires I'm putting on are back to standard size so will be 44 max sidewall, I will stick with 50 psi anyway)

92 Geo Metro is my commuter, tires are at 50 psi, will be going up to 65 when I get new ones on as these are nearly bald. High pressure for maximum fuel economy

07 Honda Odyssey is our family car (4 kids), also keep the tires around 50 psi for the same reason as the Geo, I may play with bumping it up but my wife is fussy about ride quality, so we'll see.

All of this is with the caveat that I drain the tires down to the car manufacturer's recommendation or 2-5 psi less on icy days.