View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adrien
EcoModding Lurker

Corolla E12 - '03 Toyota Corolla E12
Smile Hi from France !

Hello everybody,

I'm a proud owner of a 2003 Corolla IX 1.6 VVT-i, my first car actually.
I bought it hoping that I could learn to do maintenance work on it, as I began to be interested in car mechanics.

I started with my first oil change, brake discs and pads, and I started to read a lot of things online about this car, so I decided to change the intake manifold and throttle body from the small one on the 1.6 3zz to the bigger one of a celica 1.8L 1zz.

This gave the engine a way softer behaviour at low revs, having more torque, and an appreciable high rev power.
As the initial goal was to have more torque, and more fun, I was and still am fully satisfied.

Over 10 000 km, I averaged 5,78L/100 (41mg US, or 49mgp UK, which one should I use ?) reaching as low as 5,33L/100km for almost 1000km which doesn't seem too bad for me.

I don't consider myself an "hypermiler", as I just drive normally and cautiously, in a way I think everybody should learn to drive.

My next project are :

- considering using E85, I still have to do some research on this.
- and installing a kill switch, as turing the key disable all accessories in my car.

Hope you'll have a ton of advice for me, and you are welcome to correct my english if you wish