View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 02:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
cajunfj40
Lurking Eco-wall-o-texter

Hello samwichse,

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
Maybe you should buy this?

https://www.ebth.com/items/10637514-...gVtNsqjx_i__Ik

I mean, a4650 lb car, 6130 gvwr so about 1500 lbs capacity and a 6L torque monster.

Just lift it and be the only guy camping/offroading in a Rolls

Sam
Hah! Without a driven front axle, sadly it doesn't meet my requirements. To fit one, I'd need to lift it in excess of MN's legal limits, too. I already asked: if I put the body on a 4x4 chassis, it's still registered as a car and the car height limits apply - I'd probably end up having to lower the suspension from stock on the 4x4 chassis to get within 6" of the car's stock height/under the maximum car bumper height limits. MN is a "VIN/title follows the body" state. So, no fun car on truck frame shenanigans for me, sadly.

Also there's a turn signal bulb out, so that one's no good. <turns up nose snootily>

I can't find it, but there was a movie involving mining where the lead guy cut the back off a Rolls or Bentley or similarly fancy car, put a back on it behind the front seats to enclose the "cab", and added a 5th wheel hitch to the exposed frame. Used it to haul an ore trailer. "You cut up the car!" "We needed a truck." "But you cut up the car!" "I can put it back later."