View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
No, not a member of any Facebook groups but local friends and family. The next gen postal winner has been pushed back to fall now at the soonest, which is at least a year behind. That is just to announce the winning design, then that company needs to go into production which could involve building new plants and hiring workers. I bet we don't see any real deliveries made for 3 years, and it will take 5 more from that point to replace the entire fleet. Basically I may be retired before we get them up here. There are a few electric versions. I personally think Mahindra will win, if not the Ford. Mahindra wants the US market intro, and what better way than one of their trucks at every home, every day. And Ford has the simplest design ready to put into production. I think the others were a bit gimmicky, more an exercise in "what if?" I suppose the 80's LLV was a bit radical for it's day as well, but all that was radical had if anything proved to be the worst aspects of them LOL! Keep it simple IMO is the key to success.