View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #6100 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Anyone interested in protecting the environment would be impelled by necessity,to be active in the political arena.It's obviously no guarantee that anything would actually ever change,but it would one of the few mechanisms available to alter business as usual.
Buckminster Fuller and Steve Jobs would have disagreed.*
Quote:
It's warfare.If you go West Point,Annapolis,the Air Force Academy,etc.,you'll be required to study Sun Tsu's,The Art of War.
You must figuratively,go into your enemies camp,and sleep with him. Know him.
And in debate class,you'll be expected to argue either side of any issue tossed at you,or it's a fail.
Climate denial is easy to argue.It's character assassination,demonization,fear-mongering,cowardly play on patriotism,using an Adam Smith and US history which never existed,lots of a-Christian behavior,yet claiming the moral and ethical high ground.Any seven-year-old could master it.
Okay, I can see that. Would that warfare could be superceded by friendly persuasion.

Any seven-year-old can master Adam Smith and repurpose him?

The roads aren't full of Lightyears because advertising, not technology. I saw one of the inventors of the solar cell (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Chapin) demonstrate a flashlight powered model car in the 1950s.

Agreed the climate doesn't care about our bickering.

*My Heroes Have Always Been Outlaws — Waylon Jennings

edit:
Quote:
As to dark matter,whether it exists or not would have no bearing on climate change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
They haven't done so well with Dark Matter. But the scientist aren't the problem, it's the people who want to weld climate change to social change.
Didn't mean to imply it did. Just that science isn't static. Eventually, they'll accept that Dark Matter was just dust all along.

Last edited by freebeard; 06-29-2019 at 02:49 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-29-2019)