View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 01:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
1250W peak was reported in a couple of places. Transport evolved was one of them ... can't locate the second. Maybe Fully Charged? Taking that at face value, and using peak only ...

(correction from fully charged video 10 - 12 km per how) 7 miles per hour charging at 1250W gives 178 w/h per mile

I think the solar panels are cutting-edge efficient. A separate converter for each seems excessive (as has been reported) .. perhaps smaller groups of cells to boost maybe 5V up to a useful voltage?

Their design for extreme low Cd is useful to anyone looking to make improvements ... ecomodders may be inspired? Hyper-efficiency in any form is good!

10 seconds for 0 - 100 kph ... on hub motors .. is tough to swallow. But I guess we'll see. If they found someone with hub motors that don't need to be replaced more often than the tires - that's some *REAL* progress.

The 'average daily driving' ... I hate that description since it averages your non-driving days with your driving days .. may be covered by solar only. I think that detracts from what they have been able to do with their design.

A luxury car, no compromises (.. ok, maybe minimal..) ... but it is not finished being designed yet. The prototype allows for real-world testing ... it will get better in the prototype stage just as Teslas do. Then it will get worse when the reality of producing 500 of them requires some things to be done differently. Fabrication of the vehicle, as many of you know (I just read about it), is like a different world.

Last edited by thingstodo; 07-01-2019 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: correction
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-06-2019), NeilBlanchard (07-01-2019)