View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 02:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Did any of you actually read the article? According to the statute, you can't work on YOUR OWN CAR in YOUR OWN GARAGE. Not outside in the street -- inside, behind a door, on your own property. Not allowed by law.

There may be problems with people running ersatz car repair businesses in their driveways, spilling fluids, etc., and they should certainly be dealt with. But this law is excessive intrusion and overreach writ large.
Nothing surprises me in CA. I'm not for big nanny state government, but that said, I am for local government making whatever laws they want so long as they don't conflict with the constitution.

The federal government has far too much reach, when the original intention was for local government to govern themselves. If people don't like it, they can vote to change it or leave.

Californians seem to be more willing to trade peace of mind illusion of safety for liberty than others, something which they are entitled to do.

Do I think the environment will measurably improve with the passing of this law; no. It was probably intended to protect jobs, and possibly to protect real estate prices.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!