View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Not calling you a liar
I got you, Red Point!

That guy is a liar! Liar!

[why is he a liar? ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Then there's the guy who called up his ex-wife and said "Sell the Porsche and send me the money."
There are over seven billion people in this world and billions more have lived and died since Porsche has been around.

It probably happened at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
I vaguely remember reading about this. Try as I might, I can't find any articles about it now, 10 years on, but there is this:

"Hyundai had an aggressive marketing campaign and matched the government's money with some of its own. Caldwell said that shoppers were getting $6,000 to $8,000 off cars that carried sticker prices of $14,000."
Even if you got $8,000 off a "$14,000" car, you still didn't get a $7,000 car. There are too many taxes and fees on a new car.

I am surprised that anyone ever paid $7,000 for an apostrophe. I was stuck in a rental once and, in retrospect, it made my Mirage rental look almost as good as a Honda.

Who the heck says a Honda costs as much as a...weird little car?! I constantly see twenty year-old Hondas and not just in my driveway.

Where are the twenty year-old Hyundais?

Whatever. This thread is about bike pumps, not cars with Hs.

I drove down to Phoenix for work. Unfortunately, I am losing money on this, not to mention the weekend. I ran across my bike bump, but forgot to check my tires. I only got 38 MPG. I hate to think how much gas I waste if I am 5 - 10 PSI below sidewall maximum, although maybe when it is 113° I should give myself some cushion.