View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
MkVer
EcoModding Lurker

Tie Fighter 7 - '15 Chevy Volt
The most expensive part was the diamond plate itself, so that really depends on what you can find on the cheap. I used the diamond plate because I found it on sale. Plain sheet metal would work as well. For the rest of the parts I think it was $5-10, really depends on what grade of bolts you use.

As for mileage.... I dunno. Between the front air dam and side skirts, (IMO) the plate isn't really interacting with the air enough for me to pick up on any change. Other drivers might be able to see a difference but my main concern was protection. Oil filters and oil pans tend to not take road debris/stones very well. That low hanging, front facing filter just gave me the hibby-jibbies.

On another note, longevity has been great. If the date on my original post is correct I did that back in Dec. 2017. While I've been under the car plenty of times to either tinker or do maintenance, I've never been forced to get under the car to reattach anything. Though I would recommend using some thread-locker blue on the bolts once you have something you're happy with.

Good luck, and I'd love to see what you come up with!
The Following User Says Thank You to MkVer For This Useful Post:
conor_v (07-20-2019)