View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
It would be garaged at home, I like how some seem to have "remote start" that would start the climate control while on the charger. So that 15-20 min drive (right now only about 10 mins) in the morning for me could be done in even the coldest weather without using any climate control. The drive home whould be the issue. After sitting all day there are days after work I have to brush snow, scrape ice, and it's already dark out. I would also run dedicated winter tires as well. I technically could also switch back to the Yukon on the worst days. I'm not going to do anything until late winter or next spring. Then I'll have my friend start watching the auctions. There have already been plenty of $4000-$4500 Fiats crossing the blocks in California. He usually just goes to Spokane, but he could buy one in Seattle for a few hundred more on my part. Waiting until next year might even get me a somewhat improved 2017 model (of the ones that improved, Ford, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan) for $10,000. I have to pay $500 over auction plus about $100 freight.