View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Can you make $100,000 removing litter from parking lots?

Why is this here and not in the lounge, where most of my threads belong? To answer the question in the title.

I was looking at side jobs and ran across this. Allegedly this, unlike everything I saw was absolutely possible. All right, $100,000 a year, that is $273.97 a day. Can you make almost $300 a day with a side job?

Even weirder, Brian Winch, the guy that came up with it, said that you can quickly do this and just go for a walk.

Brian does not give out very much information for free, he wants you to buy his $80 book, which would have a far better ROI than any of my textbooks if there was just any possibility, because I finally ran across some numbers: "$30-50 an hour."

The projected average hourly wage for 2020 is supposed to be $26.43. A side job that not only pays at least a couple times as much as the minimum wage, but 13.5% - 89% more than the average wage?

I just do not believe it, but wait! There's more!

If you average $40 hourly with this side job and make $100,000 annually you need to work 2,500 hours or fifty hours a week.

At your side job.

If you can make all of this work, I just do not see this being your second job.

The only information this page has is that allegedly his company earns $650,000 annually.

He has "a team of full-time and part-time workers to clean litter from approximately 150 parking lots."

How big is the team?

Obviously 6.5 guys earning $100,000 each.

That works out to 23 parking lots each. How long does that take to clean, on average?

Even at $50 hourly, that is 2,000 hours, or 40 a week, and an hour and forty-four minutes each.

I do not know why you could not approach property managers and contract out litter removal, but $100,000 part-time seems impossible.

If you are interested, here is the cheapest place I easily found for the book: $67.87

This is the cheapest one that I found easily that actually shows the book, about $1.50 more: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleanlots-A...kAAOSwTRNb7UPv

If you need some extra money, this looks like a good opportunity. What would it take to get started? A book, business cards, and garbage bags? You could be in business for $100?