View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 07:22 AM   #6264 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Climate change is the change in weather over hundreds and thousands of years. A decade or 2 of hot years by the definition of climate change proves nothing, aside from the dooms day climate change believers being a cult.

Plus in the United States only 4% of Americans believe climate, pollution and environment is the most important issue. According to the Gallup poll that number normally stays around 3 or 4 percent.

The bride being warped from heat proves someone hired incompetent engineers, not climate change.

I don't understand how someone who drives a gas burner can say they care about climate change.
Almost like listening to someone who flys all over the world in a private jet and lectures people who can't afford a first class plane ticket about how they make too much CO2.
The extremes would not have been possible if the average temperature had not risen accordingly. That's why they do matter.
The global warming trend is on a steady rise, as is the CO2 content in the atmosphere, which correlates precisely with the amount of carbon burnt by human activities.
If anything is a cult here it is denying the obvious.

That only 4% of Americans believe man-made climate change is their most important problem only goes to show the (perceived) severity of other issues, like their lack of trust in government - plus the effects of oil funded information campaigns.

The bridge was poorly designed, definitely. It is also used way heavier than envisioned, and due for replacement.

I drive a gasser not because I want to burn gas, but it was my best option at the time (2012). I use it with restraint, to say the least. Next car will be an EV. Am I allowed to have an opinion? Or is that reserved to those who don't care about the climate?
Last time I've flown for leisure was more than a decade ago. What really matters though is what the effect someone has in total, singling out one or two activities while ignoring the rest is a lowly approach.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 07-26-2019 at 07:35 AM..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-27-2019), NeilBlanchard (07-26-2019)