View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 08:11 PM   #6296 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

The rise and fall of the seas has happened before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesong View Post
https://www.allpropertymanagement.co...estate-values/
///////
It's good to hear, you're supporting property values with all your wealth inputs into the purchase of tidal lands inundated by salty sea waters & placing your future wealth gains (to support your children, grandchildren, etc) in the productions of those tidal lands. Such faith is what America & the World need...... specially in Florida, N.Y., Bangladesh, Indonesia, low elevation islands, Connecticut, Maine, N.J., etc. Your support of Miami's multi-billions mitigation outlays against ocean encrouchments on beaches & underground limestone structures is commendable. Your support for island communities that have had their islands cut in half or lands that just disappeared is wonderful. Keep supporting your projects..... & many more in the future.
I chose my real estate purchase carefully. My wife wanted a condo right on the bay waters of San Diego. I believe in global warming. So we bought a bit above the expected sea level rise. It saved us about half a million in upfront costs and it will provide beach front property in the near future if you and others are correct in your predictions ( I highly doubt the velocity of the schedules, but . . . I'll play both sides).

Aerohead feels destroying economies to provide stasis for an environment is worthwhile. I feel the environment includes humanity and is beyond the simple expedience of minimizing CO2 emissions. There will be losses for SOMEONE! And I say this as my family is from a Pacific Island and will suffer as much as anyone. Build an economy that allows people to thrive and that will include mobility.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-31-2019), redpoint5 (07-29-2019)