View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 02:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
We'll need a lot more sessions to unpack everything there...

Someone told me that financial independence is when the price of ordering food is irrelevant. That makes sense to me. Financially independent people take vacations because they can afford to not earn an income during that time. Certainly they have no credit card debt.

Women converse so that they are heard and understood, not to get to the logical and reasonable conclusion of something.

Our problems are always harder than others, because if we had others problems we'd have resolved them already... leaving only our problems. Some Russian saying says that problems avoid those that can solve them. Seems right.

My long-term plan is property ownership. There's losses involved in the transfer of ownership of things, so my preference is a long position rather than short (flipping). Expenses are tax deductible, interest is deductible, and inflation reduces the principal.

If there's something you're insanely interested in that has potential to pay your bills, that's the thing to do. People are good at the things they are most interested in. The problem is being interested in the things that earn a paycheck. Failing interest in something of value, it will take discipline to maintain gainful employment.

You've shared plenty of stories where people you interact with roughly say that you're "unfit", yet you leave the impression that you're entirely at a loss as to why they would think that. It could be that you encounter a large number of vicious people, or you're not listening and modifying your behavior in response to the cues people are giving you. As you're well aware, it's entirely possible for people to give social cues that would be easily recognized by the vast majority of people, and yet certain individuals would struggle to properly interpret those cues.

Might consider seeking 3rd party counsel to confront unresolved or unknown past issues and develop strategies to live well among people. As JBP says, if you don't fit well with the first person, see someone else. If you don't fit well wit that person, try a 3rd.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Xist (08-01-2019)