View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 06:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Censorship for the sake of protecting people's fragile egos is dumb. If people can't handle certain ideas or language, they aren't forced to watch/listen.

That said, I support the right of owners of some product (Youtube/Google) to set whatever rules they want, or to even break their own rules (right to deny service to anyone, for any reason).

If Soph is so inclined, she can find other outlets for her content, and if people are so inclined, they can find that content. Youtube essentially drives away users when they ban stuff, so it's their loss.

That said, while Soph is entertaining, there's only so much antagonistic delivery that I can find entertaining at a time before craving a longer dialogue that isn't so antagonistic. While political correctness is BS, people shouldn't strive to be antagonistic either; it's the opposite extreme of political correctness (actually just the opposite side of the same antagonistic coin). Being decent is somewhere in the middle, and strives to neither be antagonistic, or be antagonized.

...that said, I do tend towards trolling. It's a bit antagonistic, but my intention is to ignite discussion, not self-loathing.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!