View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

You are pushing from definitions instead of stay in the factual ways.

Comunism was very "religious", the key point is that they just forbade the usual religions and impose their own "religion" their god", the dictator. The dictator it's a God on Earth, making whatever he wishes against whoever he wishes.

I like when you said what matter are the quality of the values. But if values are just passed without a very critical thinking of why be that way, the value can lost power, became easily contested. The way of find out the reason of a value it's the important thing.
If you took values just because people say yes, or "because yes", or because "God" said, it's not much different than people who get a bad values just because a "god" say because yes.

But about the people in this city I live... Trust me... I know hw mediocre, blind, stupid incoherent they are. Even people with study...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
There are atheistic religions. Just look at the North Koreans. The problem never was with "religion", as that's basically a way of thinking of core values. In that regard, everyone is religious, as they have a hierarchy of value. Doesn't really matter to me if you call your hierarchy of value by a particular name, or insist it be nameless. What matters is what those values are, and how behavior will affect others in adhering to those values.

So to your point, I guess it depends on which scriptures you're referring to. There's lots of them, and they all have a rich history in which the context applies. Even people with study...

Long-haired men are associated with a tendency towards being a primadonna. I've got nothing against long hair on a man, but primadonna's are tough to get along with. Probably why people didn't tolerate Jesus.

Last edited by All Darc; 08-02-2019 at 12:27 PM..