View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

It's the ape instint to follow the alpha male. Or even the wolf instint to follow the leader wolf. For me this need it's a bunch of monkey business.
That's why all God have power and destroy... they need be respevted by that, since humans are quite talking apes who respect fear.

Religions in general put a begin and a silly end on everything. That's believe in alm ost nothing, since the universe scale is vastly superior in time and dimention. It put the stupid human civilization above of all.

Atheims it's not a bunch of values (atheist get values from other things) but by definition just the deny of supernatural holly figures. Good atheist (there are horrible ones too) can believe in a lot of things. Sorry but you sounded very arrogant stating atheists believe in nothing, like if everthing besides religion/holly figures was worth of believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm not pushing the definition really at all. Here's one of the definitions:

"a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance"
or
"a particular system of faith and worship"

Worship is deep respect and devotion to something.

What I'm saying is that religion isn't something some people have, and others don't. It's absolutely fundamental to all of humanity. Heck, our secular culture is full of ritual. Why do we clap after a song is performed? Why do we shake hands when greeting people?

It would be funny if atheists went door to door preaching the importance of not believing in anything in particular. I'd still let them in for a discussion.