View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Honestly, just spraying the TSP and wiping it off is probably the best ROI. I have plenty of things to do and I like woodgrain cabinets. One might argue that it is not what I like, but what Mom likes that matters, but even though she talks about us selling the place when she is able to argue with Dad again, I doubt my brother or I would have any desire to move.

[How crazy would it be to ask my sisters how much they have helped Mom financially over the years and then offer to buy them out?]

I keep saying "Today I am knocking out [this project]!" This morning, after we put my brother on the van for his day program, I am pretty sure that I was planning on continuing to organize my stuff. I spent at least a full day looking for my wallet a week or two ago. Mom and my brother each spent hours looking and I think that my brother found it behind something, where it had fallen, but asking him where he found it did not yield anything but frustration.

I keep trying to organize so that I do not spend as much time looking for my stuff. I hope to find all manner of things, like that crankshaft pulley bolt!

However, before I resumed organizing, I thought I should look for paintless dent removal forums and see if someone would give me suggestions for my Accord roof and hood.

Pull the dents adequately. Sand, paint, and clear coat, install sound insulation and the ceiling, and then put the interior back together.

However, I had just started looking at forums when Mom decided she had enough of her back faucet, which needs to be fixed for the ninth time since she bought the house seventeen years ago.

The kitchen sink also leaks, but not as badly.

She called a plumber and still had not explained just the outside problem when I looked up how to fix both leaks.

Unfortunately, I do not think that I have time to do anything before going and seeing a client or two.

It was supposed to be four, but two clients that I previously dropped for excessive cancellations asked to reschedule, and then canceled.

I have been waiting for the other family to confirm for almost a day.

I have also called one new family four times in a week to try to start therapy. The dad called back once and left a voice mail. When I have called since I have asked him just to give me a day and time when they are available. I very well may be unavailable, but it gives us a starting point.

I worry that if it is this difficult to start therapy, I will be unable to see them regularly.