View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #216 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
I fractured my knee as a teen and the doc said then I'd need a replacement by the time I'm 50. Luckily he was wrong!
When I was fifty I was climbing staircases to work at Symantec, and that twisting really wrecked them, then the standing on concrete all day. Now that I'm unemployable I have lots less problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob
I have enjoyed the versatility of having a shopping car that can go trans-continental on a moment's notice, but mainly because there were no better options. For people with predictable lives, owning or renting two different vehicles for city and intercity chores might make economic sense. Another option would be adding a streamlined tail to an everyday EV for long range as a trailer carrying more batteries or a generator.
The optimum mix I had was a 1961 Type II VW 3/4-ton panel van and a 1964 Type III notchback sedan with a stroker 1776 and a five speed. The notchback was a long-legged freeway runner, but one summer I was an itinerant carpenter that hauled my tablesaw in it and hauled materials in the day and slept in it at night.

Those days are gone, my hope now is to have an Arcimoto FUV with a pusher trailer.