View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 05:45 PM   #202 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
AllDarc would be appalled.
Actually, a projected image might smudge out the effect he is experiencing.

My brother built a 30x40ft shop so he could make the upper level a home theater. He went with gray over white. Maybe your projector has a white balance that would compensate. (least expensive solution?)

I've been wanting to find someone that wants to build something, a green-screen backdrop for webcasting. It's based on Tech Ingredients $30 speaker. The acoustical tile material he uses can be had in 4x8 sheets. That's a 107" diagonal. It needs a light coating (Plastidip?) to be an effective speaker.

My plan was to use it as an Plate Echo (Plate Echo - The Greatest Studio Effect Of All Time!). But for multichannel sound it might be complicated. Maybe center channel and reverb through the screen and side channels on separate speakers.

I followed your link. It sounds like the cart idea turned into a ceiling mount. You could Plastidip a piece of ceiling tile and hold it up at the wall distance to see if the grain is visible to viewers. What do you think of making a wall-sized center speaker?

Last edited by freebeard; 08-07-2019 at 06:51 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (08-07-2019)