View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #101 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

There is a tumor that have amazing capabilities. It's called teratoma and they can form teeth, hair folicles, mucle tissue, neural tissue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratoma

Science should go into a deep study&research of teratomas, since this tumor have the capability of generate many tissues and evenstructures like tooth. It probably have stem cell and the code to activate it to create the tissues and structures.

Medicine can't generate or even regenerate hair folicles, despite some lab works had reach somethings, but not well controled. Can't regenerate a little piece or cartilage, and have to go stupid large steel prostetics that took huge and risk surgeries, and the prosthetcs don't last forever and each replacement add sequels (after effects).

Lab meat market will have a large future, and that neans tons of money if get competitive with cow meat industry. Medicine can't waste the chance of scientific partnership with this field. It would be just stupid to ignore it.
That's why the lab meat researchs should focus also on human meat.

My bet is that in future lab meat will not produce just cell or little flakes of cells, but very huge muscle pieces, just like a tumor, with ow vascular system connected to a machine that wouls just pump a fluid of aminoacidas, oxigen, and a tube connection to collect waste.

Maybe ill people with muscle injury will approach meat lab scientists instead of medical doctors, since medicine industry today appears that don't wish to cure people but just profit over cronic disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The hang-up as I understand it is that they have to embed the proto-tooth in the mouse's liver for two weeks. People won't go for invasive surgery to get dental work, over stainless steel posts.

That's way I've moved onto genetic triggers to create a whole new set. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited by All Darc; 08-11-2019 at 10:41 AM..