Thread: New Diffusers
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 03:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
rob.e
just joined..

Civic - '15 Honda Civic Tourer SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
without paneling upstream of the diffuser,you'd just have turbulence coming at it,for zero gain.
yep, thats the plan. the honda has pretty good underfloor aero already from the factory, but yes i'll be looking to see if there are any areas that could be improved.

From the honda press blurb:
"Aerodynamic efficiency is the very basis of the Civic’s design and is crucial to achieving exceptional high-speed stability and efficiency. As well as a low drag mono-form design, the Civic also uses a full-length bumper-to-bumper undertray with flared leading edges to manage the flow of air under the car. Together with larger covers on the rear suspension, this undertray adds to stability, particularly when overtaking long vehicles on multi-lane roads"

Mine has something like a bodykit fitted which at the rear, seems to jut into the underfloor flow, dealer fitted honda option i believe. I either need to pull this part off (which i expect will leave holes and give me paintwork issues to resolve) or use something like that ebay diffuser to bridge the step and make it smooth.

Last edited by rob.e; 08-12-2019 at 06:06 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to rob.e For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-14-2019)