View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 02:11 AM   #95 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I started today. They gave me a small raise since offering me the job and I picked up a couple of students, so they offered me another two hours a week. My supervisor said she would be at the school an hour after me. I did not have any idea how to spend that hour. I just sat and waited. She spent six hours showing me different aspects of the job.
I do not see students until next week.
I drove half an hour and worked 6.5 hours. I finally got a hold of a family almost forty miles away and saw them for the first time. It took one hour to drive each way and I did two hours of therapy.
Accounting for gas and time driving, the school job paid 2/3rds as much as my home health job per hour.
I am in a Facebook group for speech assistants and someone asked how to get her training, so a couple of her suggested places to look. Some guy with the same first name as me told her to just forge the paperwork, SLPs will not teach you anything, they don't do therapy 99% of the time, just work you like a slave. Then he criticized my employer. He later posted that the owner of my company is being investigated.
I asked him twice for a source and he asked "What do you mean a source? It is true!"
I have a source that says the woman who owns an agency he promoted lost her license for illegal activities.
I told him that since he refused to provide a source I was unsubscribing. Apparently he does not understand the meaning of the word. He is still trying to argue with me: "And yes, forge the signature as opposed to doing work for free for [censored] organizations. Yes. Absolutely."

Where the heck is his moral high ground?

The full-time job posting finally disappeared from Indeed, but the site suggested "Speech Assistant jobs in Show Low, AZ (about 5 jobs)."

I want them to explain how one is "about 5."

The one job is a posting by the school district itself, offering 65% as much as the agency had.

"Hey HR Head, we have an applicant!"
"You charge too much, we will just go without."

It would have had twice as many hours and benefits of unknown quality. It is about as far away as the clients that I saw today. If you count drive time and gas, the job I started pays 15% more per hour, and I would have needed to drop one or two clients.

I also would have needed to drive a twisty and hilly road 400 times a year, with snow, ice, and bad drivers.