View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 11:44 AM   #6573 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
We know the facts of anthropogenic climate change - the driving force is our activities; mainly our burning of fossil fuels. To deny these basic facts is to deny reality.

Scientists are working hard, and are pursuing knowledge and data, so that we can better understand how the universe works.

Oil companies are mainly motivated by the massive profits they can make - Billions and Billions of dollars, and they know the facts about the results of their products. They have know the scientific facts about climate change, since at least since the 1970's.

But they have been lying to their shareholders, and to the public. They have been funding FUD and they have been attacking science - in order to be able to continue to gain Billions and Billions more. We have burned more oil since 1989, than we did up until that point.

You are right on this point: FOLLOW THE MONEY.
Sure, but we don't pay oil companies to provide research data on climate change; we pay them to fuel up our vehicles, provide the fundamental materials for pharmaceuticals, synthetics, etc. Oil companies have done much, much more for my well being than scientists "working hard" ever did or will do.

We aren't held at gunpoint to purchase organic-derived products; it's voluntary.

BTW- bonafide scientists work for "Big Oil". If their research is manipulative, then it suggests that scientists as a group aren't the benevolent people we might hope they would be.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!