View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #6576 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
dirty ice........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I didn't know dirty ice cubes and tree rings were as accurate as satellites and digital weather stations.
People living below sea level are going to get it first.
I wouldn't mind having summer like weather into December. 2010 it was fall like in January winter didn't hit till mid december, then in 2017 it was summer like well into November and that works for me.
The ice cores,sediment cores,corals,speleothems,and tree rings have all been used to construct a timeline reaching back at least 4-Ice Ages,with accompanying carbon-dioxide ,methane,and temperature curves which represent Earth's paleoclimate record,with extremely high resolution.
It's a way for the scientists to look at the past and understand the dynamics which drove climate on millennial time scales.
The remote-sensing satellites can't provide that 'nano-scale' look at the planet.
The modern,satellite-linked weather stations are certainly an improvement.Many of those were placed during the expeditions to capture the dirty ice and and the rest.
You may be correct about people living below sea-level.I've only been aggressively studying this climate stuff for about 23-months now.
What was said up to 2005,was that the mountain glaciers will go first.Anyone who relies on glacier melt water,or snowpack will be impacted.That could certainly affect people below sea level.
You may make out like a bandit where you are.None of the numerical simulations can predict regional conditions even at the 'state' level.
One theme that runs through the climate literature,is that all civilizations that relied on irrigation in the past have failed.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (08-21-2019)