View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #100 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
This page shows Show Low as the sixty-third largest thriving metropolis in Arizona, out of 437. Page is #77, but as I have mentioned, the next-nearest town is a couple of hours away.

You know, I took things for granted in Page, a dedicated therapy room, my own desk, and my own computer. For four years I have usually been able to look at goals, grab activities out of my bag or the supply cupboard, and get to work, but I want to leave my iPad and speech bag in the car so that I do not leave anything I need for my clients.

I spent ten hours coming up with activities for twenty-five students--using my phone and a pad of paper.

I hate to think how much faster this would have been on a computer and not in a busy classroom, but what would I have done with the rest of my time?

My co-worker from the agency did not understand why I accepted a job that paid so poorly, but I enjoy it here. I just hope that I acclimate to two jobs and ten-hour days quickly.

One complication is that my two new Monday clients live on the reservation, and I had zero coverage at least twenty minutes from there. I sent two messages to other families trying to schedule appointments, but I realized today they did not go through. I needed to look up something in the family's home, but I did not have a connection, so I needed to improvise, with mixed results.

There is a carrier that is supposed to have great coverage there, but a worse connection in-town.

I do not see how it makes sense to buy a second phone unless it is a prepaid one in my glove box, in case I break down.