View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #108 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs!"

So, the Finish are rearranging water DNA into whatever food we want?!

Here is... not a great deal more information: CNN:
This futuristic food product can be made by mixing carbon dioxide, water, and electricity

That is okay, they are CNN. I don't believe them anyway!

Oh. Here is the exact same article from a Fox affiliate, word for word! Fox:
This futuristic food product can be made by mixing carbon dioxide, water, and electricity

Does Big Fox know a little Fox is using CNN as a source? Aren't there rules against that?

Quote:
To produce the powder, Solar Foods first creates hydrogen through electrolysis (splitting water cells in a bioreactor using electricity). It then adds the hydrogen to carbon dioxide, as well as nutrients such as potassium, sodium, and phosphorus, and feeds this into microbes derived from soil.
This Startup Is Making Food Mostly Out of Air and Electricity

My explanation made far more sense! When they mention nutrients such as K, Na, and P, I cannot help but wonder if they forgot how important CHON is. We must not forget about CHON!

Where is the N?!

Quote:
The entire process results in cells that Vainikka estimates are 50 percent protein, 25 percent carbohydrates, and 5 to 10 percent fat.
Why won't they tell us what the other 15 - 20% is?! We demand the truth!

Well, great, we may someday produce food from lots of air, water, and electricity, which is awesome, because the people who need food the most may also lack water and electricity.

Does this require clean air? Some places do not have that, either. Do you know what cleans the air?

Plants (although this pulls CO2 from the air, too).

But hey, lets mine millions of tons of materials to build solar panels, make food in laboratories and then I can finally take over the tri-state area!

Last edited by Xist; 08-23-2019 at 07:32 AM..