View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Keep your toilet seat bolts tight?

I had never heard of toilet seats breaking, but it has now happened to us twice in ten months. The first time I used dollar-store white duct tape to prevent my sitting-down-side from getting pinched before I could replace it. I thought it was funny and made a "There, I fixed it!" post on Imgur.

They hurt my feelings and stuff.

I wish that I could remember what I thought caused the first failure. I tried to find my Imgur post, but I realized I deleted it when everyone called me a "Fat-sitting-down-side."

According to the U.S. military, I need to lose thirty pounds, but that is for someone that can do 34 push-ups, 38 sit-ups, and run two miles in 18:18.

I may be able to do the push-ups. I should be able to do way more sit-ups, that seems to be the only thing that I do well in life. I tried running almost two months ago, sprained my ankle, still walk with a limp, and it is still swollen.

Anyway, I doubt it is because I am 15% overweight (20% according to the BMI). This last time the bolts attaching the seat got loose and I kept thinking that I needed to tighten them. I am sure that allowed the seat to torque excessively.

So:
  1. Get around to things faster.
  2. Maybe don't purchase the cheapest toilet seat.