Thread: Prius 75-91mpg
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 05:33 PM   #108 (permalink)
Nathan jones
Ecomodding Apprentice

The seats are hand made fibreglass (not by me) a guy in cornwall makes them I think lotus molds. Really impressed, they're very light and strong and were £245 inc carriage. I will have to get brackets made so they fit. I made closed cell foam layouts to go on for comfort, but more for passengers than me. I'll upload pictures when they're done, should be sweet. They may go in after the MOT as there's already a lot for the guy to assimilate..

The skirts are woven roving, glued with panel bond and flat riveted. I was going to make carbon ones but I used the fibre glass mould instead with bondo as I ran out of time. I will make some carbon ones next year. I'm really impressed with the difference!!

Also I noted after a day of driving the soc has reduced to compensate for the lower load, annoying as I was expecting a 221 bhp ratio equivalent. I find if you drive with the brakes on for a while before warp speed 10 sections it's not so bad..

n.b I should have bought and butchered an insight like you said months ago but at the time there were no tax free ones about

Last edited by Nathan jones; 08-24-2019 at 05:48 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan jones For This Useful Post:
TexasCotton (09-10-2019)