View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 11:55 PM   #102 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
So far everything is going well with the second job, but it looks like I am having issues with the special-needs charter school where I saw clients last year. When I tried to schedule appointments I was called into the principal's office. Everything seemed fine. She said she was an SLP, just not doing therapy anymore, although she maintains her credentials.

She just asked me to message the families before trying to schedule, which seemed odd. I only heard back from one mom, but she said the principal asked them to not receive therapy at school anymore. When I did not hear back from the other family I reached out to the teacher, wondering what crazy story I would hear. She eventually responded with a full paragraph of "Mr. Xist, the principal and I feel that [client], who is nonverbal and infamously terribly-behaved, is doing so perfectly that she does not need speech."

It is not up to the teacher or the principal, the Individualized Education Program is a government contract mandating that the school provides specific services, including speech therapy, but they got rid of all of their therapists, and now they are preventing me from providing necessary services.

I am going to ask around to see if they can get away with that. I do not mind so much losing hours. I was able to reschedule one client for the evening, just instead of seeing her during the day, and one or two other clients in the evening, I have the one, and an extra hour of driving.