View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 12:57 PM   #135 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
As I said, I would take offense if I had knowledge of someone spitting in my food. I'd apply minimum necessary confrontation to allow them to correct the problem and hopefully to correct their behavior.

Your point about hospitals should not be taken lightly. My grandfather went in with a broken leg, stayed due to a bladder infection, got C diff, then a respiratory infection and finally died after several miserable weeks.

I don't know how a hospital can bill for problems they are responsible for having caused. If proper procedures are followed, there should be an extremely low incidence of infection to patients, and if there are still high infection rates, then the procedure isn't adequate.

As it is, I view hospitals as the place you go to die, not the place you go to be healed. That said, I'd probably be dead several times over already if not for antibiotics.

I look forward to the day medicine begins adopting things like analytics, AI, and other strategies all other industries adopt to improve quality and reduce cost. The emphasis should be on improving patient outcomes, not protecting the healthcare industry and doctor compensation.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!