View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
modified metro
EcoModding Lurker

The black one - '99 Chevy Metro Base
90 day: 40.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenavy85 View Post
One of the Moderators should be able to move it if needed.

I have an '05 Jeep Liberty and I wired the injectors through a continuous duty relay with a toggle switch to use as a kill switch. The only thing is that my Jeep is an automatic, so I only use it under deceleration to engine brake, mainly when towing. it works the same as Deceleration Fuel Cut Off (DFCO) but it gives me control of it. I wired the toggle switch to also illuminate a bright red LED on my dash above the steering wheel, so that I can clearly see when I have the injectors cut off.

I drive a 99 Chevy metro, which has DFCO, but you have to have the trans in gear for it to work, which slows the car much quicker than coasting out of gear. It also has decel enleanment which does help, but while my car is moving the idle is at 1200 rpm or higher, which doesn't help.

The EPA mpg rating is 34 in town and I average 40 to 42 mpg in town, except during the winter months.

I'm have been reading as much as I can on the forum about pulse and glide and EOC. I have been trying out the pulse and glide around town. Going to take some practice to get the hang of it.