View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
trailer mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinooo9 View Post
Haven't found much but... Are their any who mod their trailers? I am almost done making my side by side trailer and was curious if others have done anything with success? I.E. side skirts, some sort of angled material from the flat bed pointed up say at 45 degrees or something?

Or is it not really worth it?

I would be towing a 2017 teryx4 with approx. 80in height and a full windshield on a 16ft total length tandem axel trailer. its an old demod RV that I've just scored, added bracing, cut some length off and added fenders. Currently gonna sand/prep metal for paint and add the decking.

I couldn't find much so thought id ask the experts.
BamZipPow's T-100 kit,and integral one-wheel aero trailer has pushed his mpg,from 19 HWY,to over 30 HWY if I remember correctly.He's got his own thread.
I failed to properly tighten the lugnuts on my 2-wheeler and lost a wheel when testing,and I've never repaired the damage an re-tested.The trailer,so far, doesn't reduce the mpg at all.
The first trailer dropped the mpg of my CRX from 52,to an average 50 mpg, while running 'empty',then with a quarter-ton of batteries,from Texas out to California and back.
I'll be simulating a 1-wheeler when I go back to the wind tunnel in a year.I'm shooting for Cd 0.14.
BamZipPow (08-28-2019)