View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #6795 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
inequality

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
We live in an increasingly global economy, and the price for labor is increasingly distributed around the world. It's inevitable that we would be competing not just among others in our town, but among all living people. I expect globalization alone to account for a significant amount of stagnant or reduced wages.

There is a looming problem on the horizon of work requiring increasing skill, yet our cognitive abilities aren't increasing, or not increasing at the same pace. That leaves people at the bottom with nothing to do (thanks minimum mandate by government force). Inequality is inevitable because we aren't all the same, but that is a problem when wealth accumulates too heavily at the top; and I don't have any reasonable solutions to that problem at the moment, or know exactly when inequality becomes a problem. As I say, inequality is a feature of the universe; not unique to humanity, so unequalness is not a problem itself.
Inequality is a feature of market liberalism.Get rid of market liberalism and the problem goes away.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (09-09-2019)