View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 11:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Tahoe_Hybrid
Master EcoModder

2020 - '08 Chevy Tahoe H
Last 3: 18.4 mpg (US)

2021 - '08 Chevy Tahoe H
90 day: 17.08 mpg (US)

2022 - '08 chevy Tahoe LT
Last 3: 14.38 mpg (US)

2023 - '08 Chevy Tahoe
Last 3: 22.61 mpg (US)

2024 - '08 Chevy Tahoe
90 day: 22.35 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinooo9 View Post
I think you are right. I spent 10yrs through the military in CA and their truck speed limits apply to anyone with a added tow axel so I got used to that. There are very few roads in my area with a less than 65mph speed limit so im not gonna be that guy and constantly have to pull over to only get 2ish mpg more max with my truck. I do slow down for hills, take it slow on corners when necessary etc. Ive been towing equipment and trailers up to 48ft for good amount of time so I feel my driving is pretty conservative esp when loaded.

agree with the truck speed limit. Old habit from a bad state I spent a good amount of time in. I usually do go over 65 loaded anywhere just because of the added fuel consumption but 65 in the areas I drive seem to be the right blend of keeping people off my tail, keeping good distance from those ahead of me, sometimes I can even time traffic lights in congested areas but most of the time they fly around/ then in front of me so I just stay back and let them fight for the seconds saved lol.

Im gonna do some more work on the trailer tonight. May even be able to load the side by side on it to take some measurments. Probably next week the unit will be 100% though. Appreciate the info/thoughts. hoping to post a pic for your input soon.
I speed up before the hill upwards 90 miles an hour by the time i crest the hill i'm doing 60mph while keeping in 4th gear in the MPG band( accelerating up hill uses more gas then accelerating down hill or flat)

this will not work for trailer since most of the time the load is unstable over 70mph
The Following User Says Thank You to Tahoe_Hybrid For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-11-2019)