View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 06:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
FWIW, I knew what I was doing when I chose both my pickup and my travel trailer. A lifetime of experience this design of RV.

In the South Central US and at the same speed where I don’t fall below 24-mpg solo, loaded (no matter weather or traffic), I can get my 17,000-lb, 63-foot long combined rig down the highway at an AVERAGE of 15-mpg. Which is lower than prediction. Should be at 17 (I have work to do).

I’ll bet you don’t know WHAT your Ferd is capable of. Steady-state 60-mph and never off cruise control. About 200 miles in a round trip to the same fuel pump. This test would have the same result no matter who’s driving. Is the point. Is how one tests changes.

The day you do this you’ll have the most important baseline number you can acquire for FE

Of course it doesn’t matter any comparison to mine. Plenty of differences exist between truck specification.

The competition is against ourselves.

Pulling a travel trailer SHOULD result in a 40% fuel burn penalty. Which could be improved. But any higher and we KNOW mechanical problems are waiting to be discovered.

AND we have our goal for city numbers. Which has no aero penalty.

SHOULD see almost the same MPG. If not, why not?

Which is my whole point in this post:

The Holy Ghost number

Last edited by slowmover; 09-10-2019 at 06:42 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-11-2019)