View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 02:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Bus travel is orders of magnitude safer than other forms of transportation. By your own criteria, parents are guilty of manslaughter when their children are accidentally killed in regular vehicles since they could have put them on a bus, which is statistically way safer.

Again, I'm not arguing to accept the status quo, and I'm in favor of EV buses for many reasons, and among them are the lower center of gravity.

You don't seem to get the concept that "make it as safe as possible" is not actually possible. It reduces to the notion that we'd better all stay home and do nothing, for risk of injury. Every single thing is a compromise, and the balance of that compromise is up for debate, but the existence of injury and death is not proof of negligence.

The level of emotion felt does not shape truth, either. It's irrelevant to the facts of the matter.
There might be an implied trust on the part of the parents,that those in a position of authority in the school district have their back.
The recent reporting on school shootings carries the misconception that parents don't give a rat --- about their children's safety?
It's easier and cheaper to build a lower bus and pull a trailer for cargo.We've had this in the USA since 1951.
What is the argument for more expensive,less safe buses?
It's a simple engineering proposition.The safety would be by default.
If I can envision an inherent safety concern,why not those charged with student safety? Are any of them qualified to hold their jobs? What are the manufacturers thinking about? Let's only launch Space Shuttles when it's below freezing?