View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
TELVM
EcoModding Lurker

'El Misil' - '91 Opel Calibra 2.0i
Last 3: 29.02 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X View Post
yep I am using ms1-extra. The file I posted is the one currently in the car. The VE table has been using auto tune with the wideband.
( Most probably you already know, but just in case: ) You can configure Autotune to better suit the RPM and kPa scales you choose. For the scales in your VE table I'd suggest these adjusts in your custom.ini:

Code:
#else ; Actually only good for DualTable and MSnS-Extra.
   table = veTable1Map
      allowAutoTune          = on
      corrector              = egoCorrection
      xLimits                = 1000, 4500
      yLimits                =   19,  100
      zLimits                =   10,  200
      xRadius                =  149
      yRadius                =    3
      initialStartupInterval =  1.0
      updateInterval         =  0.5
      proportionalGain       =  0.5
      lumpiness              =    6
Also it is important to disable the 'Acceleration Wizard' before activating Autotune, a high value (something like 1000) in 'MAPdot Threshold (kPa/s)' will do.

Quote:
I had it set to 18:1 for a large part of the afr table ...
Some people will cry and yell on reading that, but many engines can safely run that lean (sometimes even leaner) at partial throttle. However above ~75 kPa (depending on engine) it can be hairy not to run stoich or richer, pistons and valves can get the nasty habit of melting.

Of course the higher EGTs from such lean mixtures call bye-bye to the catalytic converter, and the NOx emissions skyrocket (sins these which could mean eternal damnation for some ecosouls).

Quote:
Cut fuel 95% on lifting the throttle pedal ...
You can completely cut fuel 100% on overrun/coasting when no throttle pedal, no problem.

Quote:
... and 0% acceleration enrichment for pushing the pedal down (had to push slowly to keep it running).
That's relatively easy when accelerating off a stoich AFR ... but from 18:1 it is a real challenge without accel enrichment. You could consider trading a bit of accel fuel enrichment for a huge gain in driveability.

Quote:
Removed the idle so the car would not even attempt to idle and just die as soon as the clutch was pushed in.

(This must be some advanced esoteric hypermiling technique I've not yet been initiated in ... )