View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #1497 (permalink)
mannydantyla
EcoModding Apprentice

Aerokee - '97 Jeep Cherokee XJ sport
90 day: 18.22 mpg (US)

Scrambler - '74 Honda CL200 Motorcycle
90 day: 55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
I've now posted all of the BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR DVD as a playlist series on youTube. You can watch the whole thing there now for free.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...XAVwpRRCqMv7Ny
I watched all episodes a few months ago and now I'm convinced that I must convert my "Miata" to electric! Manual transmission, weighs a little over 2000 pounds, can easily be converted to manual steering, AC doesn't work and is not needed.. so it's the perfect vehicle for this conversion.

Clearly things have changed in the 10 years since you started this project, yet it is still one of the top results on google for "diy electric car".

Is there a recommended, new resource for navigating this new EV world with regards to DIY? Buying a used EV is great of course but I want to electrify my project car. Not opposed to buying a wrecked Leaf or iMiEV or something and harvesting the parts from it. Might be able to spend over $5k once I sell my gas guzzler (Toyota 4Runner getting an absolutely embarrassing 13mpg city, just bought a hybrid Subaru to replace it, but my wife will drive that to work every day).
The Following User Says Thank You to mannydantyla For This Useful Post:
ldjessee00 (09-19-2019)