View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
I have an EGT so 18:1 wasn't that bad and I went to 14.0:1 above 80 kpa

The acceleration enrichment at 0 was just for that 118mpg run. If I totally lifted my foot off the pedal it cut the fuel 100% but if I just raised my foot a bit while the pedal was going upward it cut the fuel 95%. It would make you realize quickly when you were moving your foot and force very easy changes to the throttle position. I guess I could have left it and trained myself to operate the throttle slowly but I would rather drive like a maniac most of the time.

Normal settings for driving are a lot more sane with an actual idle and everything else normal. I typically turn on autotune after the car has warmed up and the o2 correction goes over 5% a few times to get the table dialed back in perfectly. I don't remember the exact settings I had but it had at least 1 second settle time I think, so acceleration enrichment didn't bother it. I also had a lot bigger step interval. I have been running it for a good while now with a computer mounted to the dash so I have gotten pretty used to getting it dialed in.