View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 06:47 AM   #941 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat_man View Post
Slowmover.....just the wife of 33 years and me at this point. Her sedan is a smooth ride for the long trips together and has room enough for dinner friends. But with a 120 mile round trip for work 5-6 days a week a little diesel pick-up would be ideal. Not that I would give up my Ranger at this point. 33 mpg in that is pretty darn good. But at something closer to 55-60 mpg would mean only filling up half as often. It would give me more money to spend on my beautiful wife.
Then why there are two vehicles versus one is what’s to be examined. Abandoning one in crisis is the money that could have gone to what’s needed for a new start. Or to live long enough that’s possible. And it’s more than money gone missing for no value received.

We can say the that larger societal forces pushed us into what we have today, but that’s not an excuse that holds water.

Whether or not you agree/disagree I’d bet it comes down to wives making threats. That others would agree with her only means how close we now are to full-on collapse as a society. Wives thinking themselves their husbands peers; a canard. And, enemy action backed by family law court.

ONE vehicle required (itself based on lack of alternatives; not preferences). That’s the start. The unexamined enormous lifetime expense.

What’s needed to solve it — make it unnecessary— hasn’t anything to do with cars themselves. How does one get rid of the commute and still lower all other costs while simultaneously improving life’s qualities?

Impossible, isn’t. It’s political will that’s lacking.

But, not to worry. Western Man is being written out of history as fast as possible. Doesn’t look as though he’ll reassert inborn primacy until it’s too late. Too great a parasite load. Real, and acknowledged.

Last edited by slowmover; 09-21-2019 at 06:59 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
gone9 (09-26-2019)