View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 07:34 AM   #44 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Right-of-Way.

The keystone to all other permitted actions.

The genuinely stupid don’t care that — in a slow pass of one big truck by another (slow according to car drivers; I may have had that pass mapped and planned several miles back and am now acting as the opportunity has presented itself) — that passing one in the travel lane and cutting between the two trucks into the passing lane means they’ve accelerated into problems they cannot foresee as those trucks block their vision.

Other traffic may exist. Sometimes does (why I hang back to optimize spacing). It’s black humor funny to watch these cretins move into the pass lane now with NO separation distance from an accelerating big truck behind them and what’s out in front.

When it was Americans operating on the roads, co-operation was in effect. The slower truck would drop off and get the one passing back over.

Today I get these Third Worlders accelerating so that I don’t pass them. Or they brainlessly speed up to match mine. Neither action is legal, strictly-speaking.

It’s in the interest of all to keep passes short. Good luck with that. The cretins line up in the passing lane with the excuse it’s for faster traffic. That interpretation couldn’t be farther from the truth.

It’s the flow of the travel lane that determines how fast one will be going, in general. One isn’t exempt from commercial traffic because one isn’t. It’s the reason for those roads in the first place.

Second, making one’s self an impediment to the flow of others isn’t permitted. One cannot block lane access at any time (except WITHIN the confines of a pass).

I find myself coming up on genuinely slow traffic ahead and start to to signal left, I ain’t asking permission. That’s the literal reason that lane exists. The shocked reactions are pretty damned funny.

Or, those without the brains to accelerate to ABOVE the speed limit with the luxury of a long entrance ramp. Expecting others to make room for them.

Ever entered the Interstate nose-to-ass with another ahead? And maybe more behind? That’s a classic death certificate in hand.

“You” don’t have adequate room to merge onto the roadway if the person in the travel lane has to brake or change lanes. If it’s a big truck, that REQUIRES more than 500’ of space.

No one cares how long “you” have gotten away with it. I don’t. No driver I know does. We all decided many years ago we were going home. And that involves no emergency lane changes or braking. The truck WILL come to a controlled stop, upright, in that lane.

Where the car drivers winds up quit being a concern long ago. Suicide-by-stupidity was guaranteed to increase when a country imports and grows 100-million retarded additions.

Wonder why cars are so expensive?. Eric Peters can be funny as hell on the subject. Its not “the nanny state”. It’s to keep the retarded death rate lower.

These paperwork Americans and illegals are a threat to everyone around them. Incapable of 45-mph speeds and greater. The visuo-spatial skills — time & distance calculations — can’t be trained in those who are congenitally incapable.

But, hey, they’re the replacement population. Can’t expect logical extrapolation either. Which is ROW.

Last edited by slowmover; 09-21-2019 at 08:05 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
freebeard (09-21-2019), gone9 (09-23-2019)