View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Gasoline Fumes
Too many cars

CRXFi - '88 Honda CRX XFi

Insight 256 - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights

Insight 5342 (no IMA) - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 66.3 mpg (US)
I sold the IMA battery for $700. I got paid to install it too. And the whole car was only $300. I like cars that are cheaper than free!

Still getting "only" 70-80 MPG. Maybe I shouldn't complain!

EGR plate and passage cleaning didn't seem to accomplish much, but it needed to be done.

I have a P1457 EVAP leak. According to InsightCentral, it's probably the canister vent shut valve.

I'm getting a part-throttle bucking that I'd love to eliminate. I'm going to replace the TPS and see if that helps.

I need to replace a seized parking brake cable, a leaking rear wheel cylinder, and the warped front rotors. I have the parts, just need to get them in.

I also will replace the radiator before it starts leaking and install a block heater.

On a recent short road trip, one of the large plastic aero panels under the car caught the wind, dragged on the highway, and eventually folded under itself. I removed the mangled panel and will use the good one from my other Insight.

I'm probably going to remove the electric power steering and ABS brakes. Undecided about the A/C, it doesn't work now.
2006 Honda Insight (parts car)
1988 Honda CRXFi
1994 Geo Metro