View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 11:06 PM   #750 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Is this that peer pressure that is so problematic in junior highs nowadays?

What is the best way to say this? "Anyone who only complains without presenting solutions is a doo-doo head."

Problems:
1. I presented it weirdly, but I got my Accord running again! I tested the basic stuff and everything looked good. I was testing random stuff and apparently caused the problems that I mentioned, but swapped in a part off of the Civic, and the misfires went away.
2. Did you see how my Accord is parked sideways in front of two other cars? One is my Civic and the other is my rental. If I got the Corolla I would need to park the same way--ideally without hitting the retaining wall like I did with my rental. Wish me luck!
3. I work two jobs Monday through Wednesday. I might be able to drive out early Thursday morning, if the car and owner are available.
4. If I decide to buy the car, how do I get it back? The nearest Enterprise is nearly forty minutes away, I ask the owner to meet me there?

That sounds like a great deal of work for a car only rated 34 highway, but I get 34 MPG in my Accord, and it is rated 27 highway, so I should be able to maintain 40 easily?

Also, it has a timing chain. I replaced the belt myself in the Accord and it actually works! How much is it worth not needing to do that?

Then there is the fact that the there is a Toyota dealership 2.4 miles away, but the nearest Honda dealership is 134 miles away.