View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #329 (permalink)
Bicycle Bob
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
You just raised an interesting thought to me...

Assuming at some future point in time when vehicles are autonomous and obey the laws of travel, there would never be reason to stop a vehicle for a violation. Trafficking illicit stuff would become nearly impossible to stop because there would be near zero chance of stopping the autonomous delivery.

The future is going to get a lot more interesting, and I suspect, less private.

My personality is one of extreme candor and transparency, and I volunteer more than the information people would want to know. The difference is that I will not be compelled to share information which is not the business of others. It's the difference between giving something, and having something taken from you.
Traffic cameras can already record your plate number and visible cargo, and, assuming your vehicle is stock, read the weight on each axle at a speed bump. Such a record would give probable cause to stop. The thing is - people who waste resources ar taking from all others. Our grandfathers could grab with both hands without upsetting the balance of nature, but now, there are just too many hands.
Frank Lee (09-24-2019)