View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #7024 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Even old nuclear tech is even safer than any other power generation method. There have been less deaths from nuke than wind turbines, for instance, and wind generation accounts for a much smaller percentage of power generation as nuclear...

I've heard some commentary about how it's wrong to push Greta into the public view, but I don't agree with that. She seems mature enough to generally know what she's doing, and she's clearly a bright kid. She has chosen to accept a public presence, as evidenced by her initial protesting in front of a government building. It's not so much that she's been a puppet of a political agenda, but instead the result of her own efforts and motivations.

The problem I have with Greta's rhetoric is it contains no facts or proposed solutions. Her speeches rants are a war cry, not a call to rational action. They are in the same vein as the other screams kids are making as they skip school, even if formulated much more eloquently.

I look forward to hearing from Greta when her message contains a formulation of the problem, or a proposed solution. She'll get there, because she's a smart kid.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 09-25-2019 at 11:30 AM..