View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #7043 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
I tend to agree with everything above except:

"*We've spent over a $trillion on the Department of Homeland Security since it was created to protect us,in part, from Middle Eastern people who hate us and want to kill us,and would probably stop if we quit going to their part of the world to get the oil which helps us create 25% of he world's pollution.That could have gone for another terra-watt."

Certain arab groups and people have bad cultural values. They aren't fighting to keep us out; they are fighting to eradicate non-Muslims. Heck, they fight amongst themselves for the opportunity to kill Israelis. There is no peace when the cultural is martyrdom mixed with political instability.

I'm still for the elimination of homeland security (that's what the military is for). The military can probably shrink too. Don't remember the last time we were in jeopardy of being attacked and losing that encounter.

Our allies should be based on shared values, not shared business interests. Treat women as second class citizens, and we're not prepared to treat you as adults. Western value is predicated upon recognizing the sovereignty of the individual. That's common ground in which to establish allied partnerships.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-25-2019)