View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 03:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I don't hate the average person at all, so it hard to relate. But that sounds like a job for Plastidip. Camo green on that canopy?

Thanks for the pic. It looks like a tarp that goes as high as the front tires would be a good start. To the windshield header wouldn't gain much aerodynamically, but would offer protection from road debris.

The back is the bigger problem. It looks like it rides toward the back of the deck for balance purposes, so there's not much opportunity for a boat tail.

Maybe a tapered cargo box on the UTV?

Appreciate the helpful feedback. Ya the UTV is a mid mount engine so I had to move it forward to balance. I marked where it was yesterday and this weekend ill experiment with even more tongue weight.

Sorry but to clarify, when you say tarp are you saying like a straight up tarp just from the front of the trailer maybe like bungee corded to the tongue and to cover the front tires and may the air go up/over? or more of like adding some stake pockets and putting like a 1-2ft wall in front?

I have a large treasure chest style aluminum tool box I kept in front of the 5th wheel truck in bed or truck I was thinking of mounting on the tongue. vs spending more money and getting those "always too small" triangle shaped tongue tool boxes. It may be 54in wide I think and like 18in tall but its free and has a working lock.

side by side is 10.5ft total length.
trailer deck is 13 ft 8in long and 5ft 8 in wide and a 17ft 8in total length.